Thursday, April 17, 2008

Blessed by Two of Our Arizona "Grandbabies"

Yesterday, Brian and I were blessed by watching two of the little ones from church. Nathan arrived about 10:30 and his mommy left with promises from him that he would be a good brother and would behave for us. We immediately began playing - out came the dragon, knights and the castle. He had lots to say while he played - just sharing random thoughts. And for the first time yesterday told me that he loved me. Soon it came time to pick Ashlyn up from school and Nathan gave me a little tour on the way. I learned where his doctor's office is, but that Dr. Brown's office is not there (Mommy and Daddy's doctor). This reminded me of the fact my children couldn't remember how to get to our house (from our town's main highway) when their Kansas aunts were bringing them home from a summer visit - let's just say they were older than 3!! : )
Then we came upon Ashlyn's school. I was reminded that Nathan loved me and to not turn on the first street, but into the next street (school entrance), so that I would be where the mommies park.
The kids were so happy to see each other and Ashlyn told us how her teacher copied her head shadow to make her take home poster.
When we arrived back at the house, Ashlyn immediately wanted to do her homework - reminded me of my kids again, very responsible about school work! After lunch they made cards for their daddy - then Ashlyn wrote a song - how creative is that? She told me she likes writing books and songs. This reminded me of Jordan - always writing books and stories.
We had a fun afternoon. Seemed like we packed a lot into a one day- storytime, rest-time, a trip to the park, DQ for ice cream and watching for different types of cars (we now know Nathan LOVES VW Bugs), a teaparty (Brian did this with them), and then onto church, and reminders throughout the day that Nathan loved me.
What sweeties they are - they made our day fun - we were blessed to have them! Their Mommy and Daddy are doing a good job raising them to be loving and caring people!
I cannot wait until Casen comes see us - what fun we will pack into his visits! Makes me think of another blogging idea . . . hmmm . . . things I want to do with Casen when he comes for a visit!

1 comment:

Amanda said...

i'm so happy that your have grandchildren there! they are sweet sweet kids!!!