Wednesday, August 19, 2009

A New View


A few years ago I enjoyed a women's study on the Psalms. During this study we talked about what in nature speaks to us of God and His presence in our lives. I really identified with that thought - the study reaffirmed to me how much God speaks to us thru his wonderful creation.






Psalm 125:1 & 2, "Those who trust in the Lord are like
Mount Zion, which cannot be shaken but endures
forever, As the mountains surround Jerusalem, so the
Lord surrounds his people both now and forevermore."



The above verse is one of my favorite "comfort" verses - a verse I have turned to in the past to remind me that God is there and surrounding us with His love. I read it over and over the summer of 1999 when it felt our lives were being shattered. Then again, this past year it has come to my mind and lips a thousand times. It words have truly been a comfort to me.








Seeing the created beauty in Oregon, my verse kept coming to mind and I felt a gentle reminder that God surrounds me by His love and presence in my life. This past week in Oregon, I began to view these words not just as a source of comfort, but I also came to see them as a promise for what lies ahead. I know God holds wonderful plans for our future and I can barely wait as those plans unfold.




2 comments:

Brendakaye said...

I bet you saw some beautiful scenery in Oregon, makes you realize how amazing God is and how he made so many different things and all beautiful in their own way
when I was in Oregon I thought it was one of the most beautiful places I had ever been

Amanda said...

i'm so glad you guys were blessed to go up there to visit!!!