Sunday, March 28, 2010

A Children's Book


Green Eggs and Ham ~ One of my favorite childhood books. Last year around St. Patrick's Day I had an idea: to share this book with Casen and for us to make and eat "green eggs and ham."



This past Friday and Saturday we made memories. Casen came to stay the night. Before bed we read Green Eggs and Ham by Dr. Suess. We giggled as I read the familiar rhyming words while Casen took pretend bites from the drawings.








Casen was not happy that the egg shells were white,
he asked, "Green Eggs?" told him that we had to
break them out of the shell and then color them.







Immie thought, "What a sweet face!"




Casen enjoyed cooking our green eggs and setting the tray for our breakfast picnic -
Dr. Suess style.








Casen loves Green Eggs -
but Immie did NOT!

Immie loves ham -
but Casen did NOT!






I drew our breakfast and Casen colored the picture. I think he enjoyed his

Casen had a few more pretend bites from his copy of "Green Eggs and Ham."
What a fun time we had. I am so very thankful God has blessed my life with this sweet little boy! Mandie suggested I find some other books and do an activity suggested by their story. I'm already thinking . . .
Any suggestions?
Oh, I have no pictures of me because Brian is in Oregon for his Mom's surgery and extended arm photo taking isn't one of my talents!

2 comments:

Amanda said...

he looks like he had a ball! so happy you did that!

Sharlene said...

Oh Kimmie, how very sweet. You are giving me some great ideas for fun times with Miss Chloe. I'm thankful that God not only gave you grandsons, but that he put you and Brian in Oklahoma with them!