Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Sifting as Wheat - Part II

Now, fast forward over the next couple of months of Brian and mine lives. These were not calm, easy living months – but hailstorm kind of months.

Immediately following the trip to Kansas, I flew to see our son Jordan
. Jordan had been through a storm of his own, a storm that left him bent and beaten, much like the wheat would have been if a hailstorm had moved in across the Kansas sky the day we were at the farm. My days in Boston were bittersweet. Jordan and I had some time to just talk – to reminisce, to talk through some struggles and just be mom and son. It was good to spend time him, to be with friends and to finally see some smiles on Jordan’s face. It was good for both of us, but difficult nevertheless!

I was anxious to be home the entire return flight. I had an uneasy feeling about what awaited me there. My intuition proved correct, I came home to a husband that was struggling much more than when we had parted just 10 short days ago. I saw how tired he was after mowing just small portion of the lawn. How he had to stop and rest after taking out the garbage. How he could not remember his day at work when he got home. How he would not remember what he had planned to do that day. How he could not sleep when he was suppose to, yet would fall asleep the moment he sat down to relax. I saw how scared he was, not understanding what was going on with his body and mind. I saw fear in his eyes and I knew mine mirrored the same. Changes were happening that would take months to solve. Some serious sifting lay ahead for us. But God is good and He is faithful, forgiving, loving and strong. I praise Him for being Him.

No comments: