Monday, August 24, 2009

My Memory Card

About a month ago we took a trip to Oklahoma to see Amanda, Josh and Casen and then to Kansas to see family and watch our niece, Annie marry Jared.

During this special time my digital camera started acting up. I would be busy snapping pictures about 50 a minute (that # may be slightly exaggerated - but then again if you know my family - maybe not) and all the while feeling pretty proud of my 8GB memory card, yes - 8GB!

What I didn't realize was my 8GB memory card was not holding my pictures! It was apparently holding them for two days and then gone, vanished, wiped clean. Sad part is I didn't catch on right away that my now "evil 8GB memory card" was doing this. And even sadder part is that once I did catch onto its' plan, I didn't think to start using the protecting lock on my camera to ensure my pictures would not end up in No More Land. Shows you where pride gets you!

Anyways, I share this with you to explain why I haven't posted any Kansas pictures. I did make it home with some of our Oklahoma part of the visit and will work on getting those posted.

By the way, I now have a new memory card - 4GB and I'm using my protection lock - just in case it is not 8GB memory card's fault and instead it was my camera's fault. But that's another story for another day.

3 comments:

Brendakaye said...

Sorry about your pictures I've posted mine shutterfly i think looked at moms camera she has alot I will download those too

Kimberly said...

Thanks, I appreciate it! I just hate that I lost them - especially the ones of Peyton and Casen at that shopping center running with Clint and Megan up and down the sidewalk - I had cute ones of all four of them!

Sharlene said...

I didn't know you were blogging again! (I've missed that) I will offer you the use of my pictures - feel free to print those on snapfish, shutterfly and those yet to be posted.

I am sad to sad that given my own memory issues, if you want to paint a memory in your mind or on paper, you'd better ask me any questions pronto - they may be already gone! : )